Let me introduce you a new tutorial, it was just published on the Envato Tuts+ website 🙂
Learn Colored Pencil Techniques and How to Create a Trio of Flowers
In this lesson, I’m talking about the basic principles of drawing with the colored pencils, including various types of hatching, layering colors, blending and burnishing techniques. Here you can find all the necessary fundamentals and pictorial examples for creating your own colored pencil art. 🙂
It’s not just a bare theory, but a demonstration of the drawing process. I draw three poppies, each of a different coloring, and unite them into a harmonious composition.
I hope you’ll enjoy the tutorial. Have fun! 😀
Let me present you a new tutorial published on Envato Tuts+: “How to Draw a Bird Step by Step”.
There I’m showing the process of creating a nature-inspired composition, first with a graphite pencil and then – using a variety of colored pencils.
Blue birds are so charming, aren’t they? ❤ Especially when they’re singing! 😀
Last week I had great fun creating this trout drawing, using the Staedtler Aquarelle pencils. 🙂 Although my priority is ink technique, sometimes I take a break or experiment with other mediums.
Here I have a full video process from a light pencil underdrawing to the final touches.
A slideshow of the main steps (please watch the video to get a better idea):
The description of the process:
- I start with a pencil underdrawing. The lines should be barely visible, or the graphite may mix with the aquarelle pencils’ strokes and the colors will be messy.
- I apply several shades of beige and brown colors, and also add a little bit of pink to accent the natural coloring of the trout.
- I wash the existing color strokes with a wet brush.
- I let the drawing dry up a bit, and add the details of the fish. Be sure to leave the highlights, especially in the fish’s eye! 🙂
- Gradually, I increase the contrast and richness of my drawing, refining all the significant features more and more.
- I add the dark spots to the trout’s body. You may notice that I use both black and dark brown pencils – this helps to achieve a smoother, varied look of the coloring.
I hope you like the process and the result! 🙂 Thanks for watching!
My new tutorial about the colored pencils technique is published on Envato Tuts+. Welcome! 🙂
I was creating this floral artwork:
I’m honored and happy 😀
In this tutorial, you can learn more about drawing with colored pencils, applying strokes and constructing the botanical shapes.
With the greatest pleasure, I introduce you a new category of posts on my blog – colored pencils tutorials! 🙂 And for today, I have a drawing process for this yummy illustration: